Writing the first sentence is the hardest part in writing. You spend a lot of time and effort to come up with something to write about. Creating an ebook must be done step by step. Every single detail must be planned carefully. Organize the things you have to do and how you are going to do it.
Here are easy steps to begin your ebook:
- Figure out your ebook’s working title. Titles will help you concentrate on your topic.
- Write out a thesis statement. Your thesis is a sentence or two stating exactly what problem you are addressing and how your book will solve that problem.
- Make sure there is a good reason to write your book. Ask yourself some questions:
- Does your book present useful information and is that information currently relevant?
- Will you book positively affect the lives of your readers?
- Is your book dynamic and will it keep the reader’s attention?
- Does you book answer questions that are meaningful and significant?
If you can answer yes to these questions, you can feel confident about the potential of your ebook.
- Figure out who your target audience is. It is this group of people you will be writing to, and this group will dictate many elements of your book, such as style, tone, diction, and even length.
- Make a list of the reasons you are writing your ebook.
- Write down your goals in terms of publishing.
- Decide on the format of your chapters.